Adsense

A bit of music from the lamented Radio Blog Club

Le Français

Toujours, je suis désolé pour mes amis( et amies) français(es), mais il est difficile pour moi d'écire en français. Peut-être un jour...
S.V.P. regardez ce LIEN

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

With Added Body - Part VI

And now - a bit more.


As with so many Fulvias, the back panel was rotten at the bottom; Martin my sculptor friend, having seen the original Fulvia sketches from 1963 thought that a panel more curved than standard would be just the thing. I wanted round rear lamps anyway, since I believe that in almost every case, round is best. So the old panel was cut out and a new more curved one made. Very tricky without a wheel to make a compound curve and the panel was made mostly on Martin's knee. As the picture shows, a lot of bashing and filling had to follow the fitting!

Also, the picture shows the construction of the lower rear wings (more bashing and filling). I did away with the rear valance since I considered it to be unnecessary weight and just an air dam and mud trap. Curiously, seven years later at Fulvia 40 in Turin, I met Flavio Manzone, the designer of the new Fulvia. I suggested he look at the back of my car and upon doing so he exclaimed "It's just like mine!" Alberto, my interpreter replied "No - yours is just like his!"

I have added a couple of snaps taken when the car was nearly ready; I was pretty pleased with the results; it was the first time I had painted a car and the finish is "straight from the gun".


More next time.

À bientôt

No comments:

Sod the Law!

SMOKING IS NOT ONLY PERMITTED ON THIS BLOG - IT IS ACTIVELY ENCOURAGED

New Internet Speed test

Music and Radio Blog Club

Radio Blog Club, a good friend for a while appears to be in some legislative difficulty...

However, in tribute to its brave effort, I shall leave the existing track on this page (which amazingly still works)

Sadly my Playlist no longer works (hence its removal) thanks to the absurd "Hadopi" legislation in France. Apologies to all.