Adsense

A bit of music from the lamented Radio Blog Club

Le Français

Toujours, je suis désolé pour mes amis( et amies) français(es), mais il est difficile pour moi d'écire en français. Peut-être un jour...
S.V.P. regardez ce LIEN

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

An Appeal - Norton Motorcycles

Picture source: here

This fine piece of British Engineering dates from 1961. It is a "Slimline" Model 50, 350cc Norton, made in Birmingham the year before the company was moved to Woolwich.

I have had a brush or two with motorcycles in the past: there was a friend who had a Norton 99 600 Dominator on which I saw the "ton" whilst riding on the back on the M2, on our way for a typical biker's afternoon at Margate...

Then there was the Panther 600 with sidecar that I was given. It was just before The Accident, that I had found an attractively modified early 1950s Norton that the owner was willing to sell me for £20. Sadly The Accident intervened, so no Norton for me, a pity as it was one of my favourites (I was never a Triumph supporter).

Anyway that was all a pre-amble. My girlfriend, who lives in Paris has an agency. Talking with a new client yesterday it arose that said client is looking for a Norton similar to that in the picture, either a Model 50 or an ES2 (the 500cc version). It must be a "Slimline" so would have been made between 1961 - 1963.

If any of you out there have any ideas please let me know by email VAR1016


À bientôt

No comments:

Sod the Law!

SMOKING IS NOT ONLY PERMITTED ON THIS BLOG - IT IS ACTIVELY ENCOURAGED

New Internet Speed test

Music and Radio Blog Club

Radio Blog Club, a good friend for a while appears to be in some legislative difficulty...

However, in tribute to its brave effort, I shall leave the existing track on this page (which amazingly still works)

Sadly my Playlist no longer works (hence its removal) thanks to the absurd "Hadopi" legislation in France. Apologies to all.